300 N. Lakeshore Blvd. Marquette, MI. 49855 (906) 226-2006 Latitude: 46.5467, Longitude: -87.3762 Visit Website In 2002 the Marquette Maritime Museum concluded an agreement with the U.S. Coast Guard for the lease of the Marquette Harbor Lighthouse. The historic lease is for 30-years and includes not only the lighthouse but also approximately 2 1/2 acres of picturesque Lighthouse Point. The… Read More
Performances will take place at Presque Isle Bandshell located within Marquette’s breathtaking Presque Isle Park. Peter White Dr. Marquette MI 49855 View website The Upper Peninsula Shakespeare Festival is a classical theatre company based in Marquette. Actors from the U.P. and beyond bring to life timeless plays for a timeless peninsula. They aim to to provide the people of Michigan’s… Read More
The Huron Island Lighthouse, built on West Huron Island in 1868, is located three miles off of the Michigan coast in Lake Superior. The island is one of several that make up Huron National Wildlife Refuge. The refuge was established by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1905 and is the oldest refuge in the Great Lakes-Big Rivers Region. This distinctive structure… Read More
With the discovery of iron ore in Marquette County around 1840, the area quickly became one of the busiest ports in the Upper Peninsula. Granite Island’s location approximately twelve-and-a-half miles to the northeast represented a major threat to vessels making passage to and from Marquette harbor. On March 2, 1867, Congress appropriated $20,000 for construction of a lighthouse on the island…. Read More
The lighthouse stands on a rocky point halfway between Marquette and the Keweenaw Portage Entry. The establishment of a station at Big Bay Pointe was recommended to the Lighthouse Board in 1882. “The point occupies a position midway between Granite Island and Huron Islands, the distance in each case being 15 to 18 miles. These two lights are invisible from… Read More
The rock here was named for Captain Charles C. Stannard who in 1835 discovered a dangerous reef more than a mile long off the coast of northern Marquette County. A day beacon was activated in 1868 when the Soo Locks opened. Construction of a permanent light began in 1877 and was finished in 1882. Location: On shoal at end of reef, 45… Read More
Located at the end of a rugged stone breakwater at Marquette’s Presque Isle Park, the red beacon still guides ships day and night into the railroad ore docks. A monument near the breakwater carries the message, “The awesome beauty of Lake Superior’s waves have their dark and tragic side. The tremendous force of the waves and the frigid water can… Read More
145 W. Washington Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 273-0706 Visit website Welcome to Marquette’s hottest dance venue; The Verabar. We have something for everyone all under one roof. The Verabar – Marquette’s one and only premier nightclub, spinning all the latest hits. With one of the town’s biggest dance floors and great drink specials you and your friends can come party the night… Read More
M-28, five miles east of US-41 105 Acre Trail Marquette, MI 49855 Toll Free: (888) 560-9905 (906) 249-4200 Visit Website The Ojibwa Casinos, on behalf of the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community welcome you to beautiful Upper Michigan for round-the-clock gaming action in Baraga and Marquette. Our Casinos offer all the big city games, enhanced by the warm, friendly welcome that… Read More
Taste the best of Marquette! For a full list of members please click on the link. Visit Website Fine dining, pub grub, artisan baked goods, authentic ethnic cuisine, or just a good sandwich, we’re ready to serve you! Savor the local flavor and un-chain your brain!
(906) 225-1153 2100 U.S. Hwy 41 West Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website The Barbiere’s Villa Capri Italian Cuisine has been owned and operated by the family of Nick and Joyce Barbiere since 1967. The original destination for genuine Italian cuisine in Marquette, Michigan, we specialize in pizza, pasta, steak and garlic bread. Best sellers include our capri sizzler steak with… Read More
(906) 228-7707 927 N. Third St Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website Home of the oldest homemade pizza parlor in town. Excellent Greek Cuisine. Beer, wine and liquor. Open Mon.-Thu., 11am-midnight, Fri.-Sat., 11am-1am, Sun., noon-midnight. Smoke-free.V/MC.
(906) 227-6633 1422 Presque Isle Ave Marquette, MI 49855 Temaki & Tea Website / Smoothie King Website Combined to form one stand-alone restaurant on Northern Michigan University’s campus, Temaki & Tea and Smoothie King provide many delicious options for students and the public alike. Serving up Japanese style cuisine, Temaki & Tea has a variety of appetizers and sushi rolls… Read More
Marquette (906) 226-6535 1000 N. Third St Marquette, MI 49855 Harvey (906) 249-1455 M-28 & US-41 South Harvey, MI 49855 Visit Website Home of the Original Sub Sandwich. Over 40 varieties of hot or cold subs. Delivery available. Now available any sub on a low-carb wrap! Open: Mon-Thu., 10am-11pm. Fri. – Sat., 10am-12:30pm.
(906) 225-5945 1031 N. Third St Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website Classic Thai hospitality, flavor and elegance with a contemporary style. Featuring dishes that play on your palate with a harmonic balance of sweet, sour, salty and bitter flavors. Natives of Thailand, May & Art bring their signature style of freshness and “clean” distinct flavors to their specialties. Dine in… Read More
(906) 228-2041 239 W. Washington St Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website A true Marquette original for over 30 years! Open for lunch and dinner. Owners and operators Matt and Rachel focus on quality-food that is fresh, tasty, and affordable. Some features include their famous bread sticks and gourmet pizzas, fire-grilled burgers, stacked sandwiches, salads, seafood, pastas, steak, and more. Great… Read More
(906) 225-6900 2383 US 41 West Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website Featuring a smoke-free atmosphere, seniors menu, beer & wine service and incredible bakery with delectable treats. Open daily 6am-midnight. Breakfast anytime, located next to Days Inn. Perkins Restaurant & Bakery offers Senior Citizen Appreciation on Mondays from 2-4. We take an additional 10% off your already discounted meal. Kids… Read More
(906) 362-2253 1320 South Front St Marquette, MI 49855 View Website Home-cooked family food to go. We use from scratch cooking to create homemade food your family is sure to love; without all the work! Choose from family favorites like Chicken and Biscuits, Tortilla Chip Soup, Cheesy Rotini, Philly Beef and Cheddar, and much more. Hot soup available daily. All… Read More
(906) 273-1130 510 W. Washington St Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website Corned beef, pastrami, burgers, pasta, five soups daily and much more. Open daily 11am – 8pm (closed at 7pm during the winter months).
(906) 225-1351 1951 U.S. 41 West Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website Offers a variety of flavorful menu selections along with daily specials. Features our famous Sunday brunch. Beer, wine, and liquor. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. V/MC/AE/DC/D/CB.
Landmark Inn 230 N. Front St. Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 228-2580 Visit Website “The food is fabulous and our guests can dine in an elegant and unique atmosphere-like the Landmark Inn itself-surrounded by comfort and unlike anyplace else in the Upper Peninsula. Dress up, dress down, we don’t care, just come and enjoy yourself!” – Christine Pesola, Proprietor
(906) 228-5310 1635 Presque Isle Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website Featuring salads, subs, delectable cheesecakes, and the best pasties in Marquette. We also have mini-pasties! We Pack It – You Ship It.
(906) 225-5119 2433 U.S. 41 West (Located next to Days Inn & Comfort Suites) Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website Burgers, Shakes and Rock-n-Roll. Great food and drinks in a family atmosphere, plus outdoor deck, full bar and 12 TVs, including a Big Screen TV, to catch every game. Sun-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri & Sat 11am-11pm, bar open until midnight.
(906) 228-6000 412 West Washington Street Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website Located downtown in the Ramada Inn. Casual fine dining; live music weekly in the lounge. Experience the difference; dine at Harley’s.
Candy, Old-Time Soda Fountain and Luncheonette (906) 226-6110 137 W. Washington Street Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website Experience a piece of the past with a twist of the new. Enjoy delicious sandwiches, soups, and salads, all made from scratch. Top it off with fudge, sweets, and ice cream from an old-time soda fountain. Open daily 10am, Sun. at noon. “See… Read More
(906) 273-1531 102 W Washington St. Suite 115 Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website Das Steinhaus (literally translated as “The Stone House”) is Marquette’s newest fine dining experience. Our menu is produced entirely in house. From pretzels, to pickles, to mustard; if we don’t make it, we don’t serve it. We have 5 sausages, wiener schnitzel, apple strudel, and much more…. Read More
(906) 226-7744 223 West Washington St Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website A charming bakery/cafe serving decadent scratch-made breakfast items, nourishing lunch fare (including vegan and wheat free-gluten free selections), and scrumptious desserts. Full espresso bar with organic fair-trade coffees and teas. Open Mon.-Fri., 6am-6pm, Sat., 7am-6pm.
Country Village Resort 1075 Country Lane Ishpeming, MI 49849 (906) 485-6017 Visit Website Established in 1996, the Jasper Ridge Brewery produces beer made from all natural ingredients such as malts, hops, yeast, and water to create beer that is bursting with individual flavor, color, and aroma. They provide it to you fresh from their 10 barrel all-grain brewing system on… Read More
(906) 486-1074 850 US 41 West Ishpeming, MI 49849 Visit Website Whether you are looking for a delicious meal the whole family can enjoy or just want to meet up with some friends for drinks, appetizers and fun the Country Grill Restaurant is the place to be. Our friendly and fun atmosphere is perfect for diners of all ages and… Read More
(906) 346-9815 215 S. County Road 557 (One mile off M-35) Gwinn, MI 49841 Visit Website Home of the “almost” world famous BBQ ribs! Beautiful log cabin in a pristine “up north” setting! Trail #33 trail head. Open Monday 4pm – 10pm, Tuesday-Saturday: 11am-10pm, Sunday 12pm-10pm. Daily Lunch & Dinner Specials, Kids-Eat-Free Thursdays, Fish Fry Fridays, Rib Night Saturdays &… Read More
(906) 345-9220 400 Bensinger Big Bay, MI 49808 Visit Website Enjoy casual dining in our restaurant/pub which, built onto the historic Ford Hotel to film seven-time Academy Award Nominee “Anatomy of a Murder.” We are known for our homemade chili, pizzas, whitefish, wet burritos, and Friday Fish Fry in a friendly, north woods atmosphere. Open 11:00 am. until midnight. Food… Read More
(906) 892-8332 M-28, 24 miles east of U.S. 41 Autrain, MI 49806 Exceptional food and drink on Lake Superior. Open daily Memorial Day through Labor Day, Tuesday through Sunday rest of year. Trail #417 groomed to the door. Call for hours and reservations.
119 South Front St Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 228-3533 Visit Website The Historic Vierling Restaurant has been a focal point in downtown Marquette for over one hundred years. Located on the corner of Front and Main Streets, the building was originally owned by Martin Vierling. It has had a variety of other names and proprietors over the years, but it… Read More
114 W. Spring St Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 228-8888 Visit Website Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday: Noon – 11 p.m. Thursday, Friday, Saturday: Noon – 12 a.m. Specializing in Belgian and American style ales. Ore Dock Brewing Company offers tours, a tasting room, and community space where outside food is welcome. Brewed with Lake Superior water and located in the heart of… Read More
424 N 3rd St Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 273-1333 Visit Website Marquette’s first nano brewery offers a variety of brews in their cozy tap room, located on 3rd Street. Located in a small house which is now their brewery and tasting room, Blackrock’s has a neighborly feel where people can meet, play chess or debate politics. At Blackrocks Brewery, their… Read More
PO Box 44 Republic, MI 49879 [email protected] Visit Website We offer antiques, oddities, collectibles, books, vinyl, furniture and some originals. Winter Hours Wednesday from 11am to 1pm. Open Wednesday to Friday 11am to 4pm, June to Mid-October.
320 Iron St. Negaunee, MI 49866 (906) 475-3087 Visit Website Tickled Pink is an antique store featuring old, new and collectible merchandise. You’ll find lots of current style trends from cottage to shabby chic.
331 Iron St. Negaunee, MI 49866 (906) 475-4777 Visit Website Located in the Old Bank Building, several dealers that offer antiques and pretty things for your home and garden. One of the UP’s largest shops. Buy, sell Art Deco, Retro and Modern. Open seven days a week, all year round.
334 Iron St. Negaunee, MI 49866 (906) 475-4567 Visit Website Huge antique mall in the historic downtown district of Negaunee in Marquette County, MI. Multiple antique vendors. Antique furniture, housewares, antique toys, clothing and vintage items. Located in a 1916 department store building for a genuine retro shopping experience!
121 S. Main Street Ishpeming, MI. 49849 (906) 486-8680 Visit Website More than 40 dealers & consignors on 3 floors with over 8000 sq. ft., set in the historic Gately’s Department Store building. Unique themed areas including camp/cottage, retro/midcentury, ladies clothing boutique, and porch & garden. Fabulous jewelry selection too! Call (906) 486-8680 for hours (which vary by season) or… Read More
218 Iron Street Negaunee, MI 49866 (906) 475-7188 View Website The PAAC is the oldest community theatre in Marquette County. Local actors ranging in age from youth to seasoned performers, present a line up of productions in Negaunee’s historic, century old Vista Theatre.
P.O. Box 406 Hancock, MI 49930 (888) 309-7861 View Website Every summer the festival produces fully staged professional opera, with orchestra and projected English titles. Included are symphony and chamber music, as well as a variety of other concerts.
Northern Michigan University 1401 Presque Isle Ave. Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 227-2082 View Website For tickets click here. The Forest Roberts Theatre has been described as one of the finest university theatres in the country. It accommodates 514 people in a continental seating arrangement with and has its own scene and electrics shops as well as state of the art… Read More
Kaufman Auditorium 611 North Front Street Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 228-0472 Visit Website For Tickets click here. The Orchestra plays four concerts in a season – usually September, November, February and May. Come enjoy the same music the major symphony orchestras might play.
P.O. Box 741 Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 362-6453 Visit Website LSYT is located in Marquette, Michigan and serves the central Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Open to youth between the ages of 3-18 years, LSYT produces a series of performances each year. These range from full productions at the beautiful Kaufman Auditorium to variety shows and performing as part of other… Read More
270 E Lakeshore Blvd. Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 227-7625 (906) 228-0472 Visit Website Come to our Lakeside Theatre and enjoy several productions, held in a converted boathouse, sitting between the picturesque Marquette Lighthouse and the popular Lower Harbor Park.
217 North Front St Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 228-0472 Visit Website Located in the lower level of the Peter White Library, the Arts & Culture Center hosts musical and lecture series, and regional and national exhibits monthly. The museum offers classes and workshops in various art mediums.
Mattson Lower Harbor Park Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website The Marquette Area Blues Society (MABS) was born July 4, 2003 during the annual fireworks display in Marquette at the Lower Harbor Park. Founding members Terry Klavitter, April Lindala and Walt Lindala always enjoyed the sights and sounds of what Marquette had to offer, but they continually asked – “Why doesn’t… Read More
Tourist Park Campground Marquette, MI 49855 Visit Website The Hiawatha Festival is the only event of its size and scope in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Each year’s event features traditional-music styles that include bluegrass, old-time, Cajun, Celtic, acoustic blues and folk – including singer/songwriters – and dance. Mainstage acts include nationally known performers as well as regional and local favorites.
525 N. Third St Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 228-3058 View Website Zero Degrees Artist Gallery presents works by established and emerging local artists. Located in Marquette, MI and formed in 2010, the gallery aims to create a dynamic and diverse community of artists for the purpose of supporting, celebrating and sharing art, while providing a year-round retail location for artists… Read More
308 Cleveland Ave, Suite 104 Ishpeming, MI 49849 (906) 204-2255 View Website Yooper Shirts, LLC is a U.P. clothing brand specializing in Graphic Design, Embroidery & Screen Printing services located in Downtown Ishpeming.
402 3rd Street K.I. Sawyer, MI 49841 (906) 362-3531 View Website The K.I. Sawyer Heritage Air Museum was founded by members of local Air Force Association (AFA) Lake Superior Chapter 238 in 1993. The museum board was reorganized and a home for the museum was found in December of 2005. The museum is a 501 (C)(3) non-profit tax-exempt organization dedicated… Read More
610 Palms Ave. Ishpeming, MI 49849 (906) 485-6323 View Website It is home to an extensive collection of artifacts and archives relating to the history of skiing. It has 20,000 square feet of space containing displays on over 350 Honored Members, trophies, clothing and equipment. There is a Gift Shop, Library and Theater.
73 Forge Rd. Negaunee, MI 49866 (906) 475-7857 View Website In the forested ravines of the Marquette Iron Range, the Michigan Iron Industry Museum overlooks the Carp River and the site of the first Iron forge in the Lake Superior region.
P.O. Box 220 Main Street Michigamme, MI 49861 (906) 323-6608 Visit Website Found just off U.S. Highway 41 resting on the hills overlooking Lake Michigamme, the museum marks over 125 years of local history through artifacts, memorabilia and antiques. Open daily May through September, Admission is free.
501 Euclid St Ishpeming, MI 49849 (906) 486-8680 Facebook Page The Ishpeming Area Historical Society Museum showcases the early life and times of Ishpeming’s citizens. Clubs, businesses, past times, and celebrations are represented. Each year there is a focus display, with the letters and documents of Frederick Brastaad and his daughter for 2012. Also located in our museum is the… Read More
303 East Main St Negaunee, MI 49866 (906) 475-4614 Visit Website Negaunee’s rich history is preserved in a four-story museum located near the heart of the business district. Come experience the place where early iron ore miners descended into the underground mines, tunneling below the city.
Northern Michigan University 105 Cohodas Hall Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 227-1219 Visit Website The Upper Peninsula Collection consists of material culture artifacts relating to the ethnic, religious and social diversity of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. These include a wide array of artifacts such as household pieces, clothing, arts and crafts, symbolic items, recreational equipment and just about anything that… Read More
Northern Michigan University 1401 Presque Isle Ave. Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 227-1481 Visit Website The DeVos Art Museum grew directly out of Lee Hall Gallery, which was established in 1975. The Museum hosts and curates exhibitions from nationally and internationally recognized artists.
Harden Learning Resources Center Northern Michigan University 1401 Presque Isle Ave. Marquette, MI. 49855 (906) 227-1225 Visit Website The Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives houses the historical records of Northern Michigan University and historical materials documenting the history of the central Upper Peninsula of Michigan. This includes the counties of Alger, Delta, Dickinson, Marquette, Menominee and Schoolcraft…. Read More
Self-Guided Tours Marquette Country Convention & Visitors Bureau 337 West Washington St Marquette, MI 49855 Toll Free: (800) 544-4321 (906) 228-7749 Tour the sites associated with the filming of the 1959 Movie “Anatomy of a Murder” with a self-guided brochure available at the Marquette Country Convention & Visitors Bureau, or online. Based on the best-selling novel by Ishpeming defense attorney… Read More